Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 4

Today started out really odd. Early this morning while I was reading the boot camp blogs and drinking my coffee a young man knocked on my door. I was still in my bathrobe, but I answered my door. The young man ask if I was the mother of the house. I replied yes. He said he was required to sit down with parents of school age children. I told him I did not have school age children. He ask about all my neighbors. As he started to go I said wait a minute I have something for you. I explained TWCCTW and MPM. I gave him a flyer and ask for his email. He didn't want to give me any info. I don't blame him I probably looked pretty scary. I let him keep the flyer anyway. Who knows maybe he will check it out. I didn't count him as one of my contacts.

I had some errands to run today. With my flyers and cards I went to town. My first stop was a convience store to buy my daughter something to drink. I mentioned MPM to the cashier the same way I approached my co-workers yesterday. She said if this is strictly internet based I don't have internet or a phone right now. We are in the store often and she is checking on getting a lap top. She said when she gets her lap top she'll let me know. She did not want the information at this point. My next stop was the rehabilitation office that is helping my daughter with her memory problems.We needed to pick up medical records. I told the secretary I was involved with an organization called TWCCTW and MPM. I told her the organization helped orphanages and non-profits around the world and had a program she could make money on buying her own gasoline and groceries. She said she was all about helping change the world. I gave her a flyer and ask if I could have her email. She filled out the card completely. My next contact came from the Social Security office. The clerk took a flyer, and I ask her if she would mind giving me her email. She put her name and email on the card but not her phone #. That's ok I will be making more trips to her work so I can keep in contact with her.My next contact I'm quite sure I shocked her. I was at the grocery store that I have choosen for my grocery cert. she was the cashier. When she gave me my total of $115.86, I said that is great, I was afraid it was not going to be over $100.00 and if I spend $100.00 in here ,I make money on it. She said , "how do you do that"? So I explained. I ask her if she would like information on it. Her face lit up and she said do you have something? I gave her a flyer and she filled out my card. She probably has never had anyone exited to get their grocery total before.
After my errand running was done I came home and sent 143 follow up emails, and 5 snail mails. I had to be at work at 5:30 pm.
While at work I made 3 more contacts. Who all gave me all of their information.Which made a total of 6 person to person contacts. I will be doing follow up phone calls tomorrow for my co-workers. I tried really hard to be home from work to catch the boot camp call but we were busy and I didn't get home till 9:30 eastern time.

2 comments:

  1. I like your card idea, Brenda. I'm going to have to get something like that printed up. Seems you're having pretty good chance of a person "just filling it out".

    Keep up your great efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Brenda! Can't wait to hear how all the follow-up calls go. :)

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete