Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 3

Today is the Day 3. I did not get a post in yesterday. I drove to Columbus Ohio which is a 3 hour drive one way. I went up with a friend to visit her mother. I thought we were going shopping while we were up there. I thought that would be perfect. I could share my power mall with everyone I met. But as it turned out, we did not leave the apartment. When I arrived home it was too late to contact anyone. I did manage to send the first email out to the 5 new leads I received from the Miracle Team . I looked up the phone #'s on white pages .com. Only one was available. I called this one and left a message. I also called 2 others from previous leads and left a message there as well.
I got up at 6:00 this morning. I feel today was very productive. As I sewed many seeds. I printed several of the flyers I designed. I also took blank business cards and wrote Name, Phone #, and email address on them. I addressed envelopes to the 5 new leads I received from the Miracle Team yesterday and sent them the flyer I designed in snail mail. I also sent 13 family and friends (that I have talked to previously about MPM) the same flyer in snail mail. I then headed to the post office to get stamps and mail my snail mail. Feeling really good about promoting the WCM and Together We Can Change the world.I grabbed a flyer , business card, and my mail I needed to send and went into the post office. I was gonna talk to the cashier at the post office. Once I got in there, I froze. All I did was buy a book of stamps. I couldn't mention the great opportunity I have to share. I walked back to my car really dissapointed with myself.I had not shared WCM. Now it was time to go to work. I'm a server at Red Lobster. Before getting out of my car, I folded the flyers so they would fit in my apron pocket and got my business cards.
While I was working today, I knew I had to ask my co-workers, If I could share something with them. I ask one of them, if I could show you an online business opportunity that helps orphanages and non-profits around the world and gives you a program that allows you to make money on your gas and groceries, would it be of interest to you? She said, "sure". I ask her if she 'd give me her email address. She said, sure. I handed her the business card, and flyer. She filled out the whole card, writing her name, phone # and email address. Remember I only asked her for her email address. I thought "wow" that was really easy. The next person I approached was a manager in training. I asked her the same thing. She said that sounds great. I handed her a business card and flyer. She also filled out all of the information. The 3rd one I ask was not as easy. She said, I don't know, I've been scammed by things like that before. I told her it was not a scam and let it go at that. The third contact said yes, and filled out my card. The fourth person said it sounded great and took a flyer. She said she does not have an email address set up yet.But I gave her the information anyway as she works with me and I see her daily. I told her to look at the site and I'd get back to her to see if she had any questions. While I was talking to the fourth contact another co-worker came up and said what are you talking about? I gave her the same information I had given the other 4. She said, "can I have the web address"? I gave her a flyer and card. She filled out the card completely. My shift at work was over and I had my 5 contacts. Tomorrow I will return to the post office. As I left my job unfinshed. I have to go to the grocery store and gas station tomorrow as well. So I'm looking forward to the people I'll contact tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet my fellow boot camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous day, Brenda!! You approached your co-workers in such a wonderful way. It will be fun to see what happens when you follow up with each of them.

    I had just one thought while I was reading your Blog. When your co-worker responded with, "I've been scammed before," you could have engaged her with a simple, "Wow, what happened?"

    The truth is - MANY people have truly been scammed and have a reason to be skeptical. Find out why. Listen to them. Once you know what happened you'll have a way to show them how My Power Mall is different. :)

    I'm proud of you! Keep reaching out to those around you...

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete